Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Person who Stands Behind Me

Constantly I look behind me and I see you there
Standing tall in a part of my life that I've left behind
Physically I've left that moment; I've moved on
But mentally I'm there standing next to you
Mentally I still feel the same, love the same, care the same, long for all of that moment to be the same
But in reality, it is no more. It's over, it's gone, God has declared it over
I've realized today that yesterday is no more and you are apart of my yesterday
Therefore I must let you go
You are no longer reachable
You are no longer apart of me...today
And God says I shouldn't hold on to things that He has declared over because in reality, that moment is dead.
Never coming back to life
Yesterday is the past and today I take hold of my future
I've decided to let you go and no longer look over my shoulder at you
No longer wish or think what if, I wonder or I wish
The person who stands behind me
was in my presense.

The DIVA

www.dominiquewatson.webs.com